Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day Fifty Eight: Weigh In

Dear David,

Another day of fabulous spring sunshine! Fantastic day at work and had a workshop in the afternoon that, while challenging, went wonderfully well. I got a couple of emails in the afternoon that I had to put in my 'Ridiculous' folder as they were just to ridiculous to answer - people trying to make themselves more important that they are or trying to prove how clever they are. Most tedious but filed under ridiculous and did not feel the need to reply.
I love the 'Ridiculous' folder. When I get emails that make me angry, I just pop them into that folder. They are out of sight and out of mind and I never feel the need to reply with something equally as stupid.

I got my running magazine out on the bus this evening and I had a look. Women's Running is a great magazine and has lots of both beginners and the more experienced runner. I loved reading the article about the woman who did a half-marathon in Morocco. I really want to be a runner, I really do. One of the articles for beginners has a mantra 'My body becomes fitter with each step I take, my mind stronger with each stride I make'. I also added ' Every wobble is forcing my body to change' as I am still feeling a little self conscious about the first stride out in the lycra!

Time for the weigh in.



I have lost 29 pounds. My starting weight was 207 pounds and I am now 178. That's the equivalent of '3 ladies' and a little bit of a 4th lady! I have 81 pounds to lose so that's 52 to go. It seems so much more achievable now and I find the 9 pounds increments and measuring weight loss in 'ladies' has been wonderful.

Starting vital stats were:

Bust : 43"
Waist : 39.5"
Hips: 47"

Today's measurements were:

Bust : 41"
Waist : 35"
Hips: 43"

That's a total of 10.5 inches from my body! And hopefully a lot less to wobble about when I am running!

Kikicee


Wednesday

Food: protein shake (Vanilla), egg white omelette mid-morning, protein shake (Vanilla) for lunch, almonds for late-afternoon snack, protein shake (Vanilla)

1 comment:

  1. Well done! Impressive! You go, girl! :o)
    You inspire me.
    Anna

    ReplyDelete