Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day Thirty Seven: 3 pound down

Dear David,

Lost 3 pounds on the detox but I have to admit it was hard going. I could have cried with happiness when I had my chocolate shake this morning. Tonight I am back into the exercise and am continuing with the HIIT - High Intensity Interval training. I am doing Tabata Training. Tabata Training was developed by Izumi Tabata (imagine that) at the National Institute of Fitness and Sports in Tokyo, Japan. They did a study on comparing the effects of moderate intensity endurance(aerobics) and high endurance intermittent training(tabata training intervals) on VO2 max and anerobic capacity.

To cut to the results of the study: the moderate intensity group training program produced a significant increase in VO2 max of about 10%, but had no effect on anaerobic capacity. The high intensity group improved their VO2 max by about 14% while anaerobic capacity improved by 28%. The study was done over a six week period. Both groups working out 5 days per week.

It supposed to keep your metabolism burning for 36 hours after you complete a workout. It's great when you are pushed for time and you need to do something quick that's really effective. I am doing it on Mabel the cross trainer for the moment but I would like to introduce some weights into it. I have grabbed a video on YouTube of Tabata training with dumbbells

25 pounds down now and nearly got rid of another lady. I am off to Tabata on Mabel. Off work tomorrow and really looking forward to not getting up at 5.45am.

Kikicee

No comments:

Post a Comment