Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Day One Hundred & Five: Very, very tired and very, very emotional

Dear David,

Yet more no exercise and I'm not impressed with myself but today was pretty terrible. I had back to back meetings, documents to write and edit and have been gifted with two resources who are nothing short of dreadful. This is somewhat a first impression and I could be proved wrong. However, one seems crazy, like proper unhinged and the other is one of those chaps that thinks he does not know anything because you are not telling him or you have hidden it from him. He actually asked me how I learned what I know about the project today, implied I was on some secret training course and looked suspicious when I said 'I read stuff and listened'. I gave him a whole list of documents to read and took time to take him through them, which was over and above the call of duty. It does not look like this is going to shape up well but I really am holding out so much hope that everything works out for the best.

I had the most hellish meeting today and, after it, had a meeting with my boss to discuss some project stuff and I started crying, choking them back but actually tears streaming down my face. Granted I am definitely premenstrual but that is the first time that has ever happened to me at work. I asked him what I need to say or do to communicate effectively that I was overallocated in such a way that he would do something about it. I reminded him that this project was not a one-woman roadshow.

I get the impression that we are moving to the 'offshore' model and that they are riding me like a horse til my contract finishes. Cruelty to contractors, I think this is called.

I obviously did not go running today as I did not have a minute spare. I got home about 8pm as the bus was late. I am tired and I am going to bed.

Kikicee

Wednesday

Food: Detox shot, protein shake (Vanilla), turkey and salad, protein shake (Vanilla) for lunch

Supplements: Thermobubbles, Vitamin Superjuice (Raspberry), Flush and Cleanse, Hoodia

Exercise: No exercise....poor show...



Kikicee

No comments:

Post a Comment