Search This Blog

Friday, May 20, 2011

Day One Hundred & Ten to Day One Hundred & Fourteen: Dreadfully remiss

Dear David,

This has been undoubtedly the most hellish week at work.

The Jag sparked my renewed vigour for posting. I am heading off on holiday today so there may not be a peep out of me for the next few days. Off to christening in Italy and can't bloody wait.

I asked man for lunch. Thought it was a chilled email but, as anticipated, he has not replied. Two mails before this, then I asked and then the conversation stopped. Once was understandable, and perhaps even forgivable. Twice is simply shitty. On the plus side, I'm up 10 points on the Subo scale. I made casual offer, he ignored it. This makes him an idiot. I was tempted to reply with potential responses that adults send as part of his personal and social development and so he is not as ignorant to people in the future. e.g

1. Love to
2. Can't next week, some other time
3. Ask about where I am off to, ignore lunch question (one would get the hint)

However, man is just that. A man. And a good age too. If he's that ignorant at his age then it's ingrained.

I'm feeling too happy and looking to good to let this affect me now. Not that it ever bloody should but you live, you learn.

On train to Prestwick at the moment and am just bursting with excitement. I am, however, missing the Jag in her new Cos trousers. Like all good addicts, I like to get other people hooked too.

I won't bore you with what I ate all week but I was wonderfully good, went running only twice but that's me back into it. I went a different route. Man assured me there were no bears down the underpass and that I should go running there and make my way to the canal.

Epic fail. Lots of it up hill, gravel path, hundreds of the biggest and ugliest flying insects you have ever seen and took wrong turn and ended up on a motorway. Dreadful.

Man showed me where I should have gone. I might tell him where he should go when I see him next! Except I won't because I'm either too demure or too chicken shit. Think it is the latter and not the former.

Re Subo scale though, it's actually worse asking someone for lunch when you are just 'not bovvered' and they don't reply. I mean, at the end of day, that is someone telling you they don't even want to be a work friend or get to know anything about you. Mind you taking this one on the chin.

I was so good this week especially because I will be grubbing it in Italy this weekend. I'm not going to be terrible but I have a date with some starchy, buttery, cheesy goodness - all washed down with wine.

I will update on my return but expect a very different listing for food consumed than the usual offering.

Food intake predicted for the weekend:

Pizzas: 1
Butter-rich pasta dishes: 2
Wine: 3 bottles

And that's just Saturday...


Kikicee



No comments:

Post a Comment