Search This Blog

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Day One Hundred & Nineteen to One Hundred & Twenty Four: Work

Dear David,

I am actually started to get royally pissed off with the amount of work I have and pressure that I am under to meet totally unreasonable deadlines. I have been home at 7pm most evenings this week and have to log in again when I get home and do more. I have tried, rather unsuccessfully, to negotiate more realistic timescales with boss. I hate not meeting a deadline and, while I know I should let the train crash to prove a point, I just can't bring myself to do it.

I made a raft of scones on Wednesday night. I brought into work on Thursday to do my bit for the flagging morale. Emergency scone station was set up in Marketing and emails duly distributed. Scones were 'scone' in about 30 minutes. I really should give up my job and just make scones for a living. I am really hoping I have won euromillions and that I can go in on Monday with my swearing fingers out of my pocket and tell my boss where to shove his job. Emergency Scone Thursday also prompted some strange behaviour. Man, who still has not replied to the lovely, casual email asking him to lunch, sent me an email asking me if I had added more sugar to the scones this time.

Immediate drag and drop to the Ridiculous folder, in the absence of there being a Totally Utterly Fucking Ridiculous folder. Gobsmacked. He did not need to write anything. He then tried to make small talk with me in the afternoon while I tried my best  not to reciprocate. Of course, this has made me feel like a terrible person all weekend and I can't stop thinking about what a bitch I am. However, is this not how normal people react? I usually just reply to scone email, make small talk and make it all ok and lovely. God forbid anyone would feel uncomfortable or hurt....but actually what about me? Don't I have a right to be offended, uncomfortable and for someone to make it easy for me??

I am reminded of Dear Deirdre's big ticking clock. Don't have the time to be fannying about fixing people or being nice or making everything just lovely. Fuck it. Could not bring myself, however, to ignore email as I think it is the height of bad manners so emailed back 'Nope' before I left on Friday. This was purely to save myself hours agonising about having been rude to someone. 

Went out on Saturday for Sushi and wine. Big cheat and post Italy and sushi I am up 2 pounds. I am sure if I had weighed myself immediately after Italia it would have been 7 pounds so I am glad I waited. Sushi was delicious - I went to Nanakusa and can't rave about it enough. Great sushi place and service is fantastic. Headed over the road to Chinaskis after and had a glass for the road. Chap came over with chair for me as I was stool-less. He went back to his friends. My married friend said that this is where we would go over and chat to them if she was single. WHAT THE FUCK? I would never do this and would never have dreamed that this was what one would do. The man gave me a chair and in my head, that was the end of it. She explained that no, this was the green light to go over and make some conversation. Well who would have thunk it?

As for exercise, I have been lazy all week and have done none. I am now starting to brick it about the Great North Run as I have fallen WAY behind in the running program and am now at risk of not finishing it in time for the half marathan. Shit. I need to get back into this next week as a matter of urgency. I also plan to take this all a bit more seriously from Monday on as I am having regular cheats and this is probably why my weight has totally plateau-ed.


And well that's about it. I am now going to start work (again) to get stuff done for tomorrow. Epically shit.

Kikicee




Tuesday

Food: protein shake (Vanilla), almonds for mid morning snack, turkey and veg, can of tuna for late afternoon snack, protein shake (Vanilla) for dinner

Supplements: Thermobubbles, Vitamin Superjuice (Raspberry), Flush and Cleanse, Hoodia

Exercise: None.. oh the shame...

Wednesday

Food: protein shake (Vanilla), almonds for mid morning snack, turkey and veg, can of tuna for late afternoon snack, protein shake (Vanilla) for dinner

Supplements: Thermobubbles, Vitamin Superjuice (Raspberry), Flush and Cleanse, Hoodia

Exercise: The same as Tuesday

Thursday
Food: protein shake (Vanilla), almonds for mid morning snack, salmon and veg, can of tuna for late afternoon snack, protein shake (Vanilla) for dinner

Supplements: Thermobubbles, Vitamin Superjuice (Raspberry), Flush and Cleanse, Hoodia

Exercise: You've guessed it....none

Friday

Food: protein shake (Vanilla), almonds for mid morning snack, turkey and veg, can of tuna for late afternoon snack, Chicken Curry (no rice)

Supplements: Thermobubbles, Vitamin Superjuice (Raspberry), Flush and Cleanse, Hoodia

Exercise: The theme continues.......yup.....none


Saturday

Food: protein shake (Vanilla), almonds for mid morning snack, tuna salad for lunch, almonds for late afternoon snack,untold amounts of carbohydrate in the form of SUSHI (hurrah) + bottle of wine

Supplements: Thermobubbles, Vitamin Superjuice (Raspberry), Flush and Cleanse, Hoodia

Exercise: None.. oh the shame..


Sunday

Food: protein shake (Vanilla), almonds for mid morning snack, tuna salad, almonds for late afternoon snack, protein shake (Vanilla) for dinner

Supplements: Thermobubbles, Vitamin Superjuice (Raspberry), Flush and Cleanse, Hoodia

Exercise: None.. oh the shame..

..

No comments:

Post a Comment