Search This Blog

Monday, May 2, 2011

Day Ninety Four to Ninety Six: Epic Fail

Dear David,

What a weekend! I headed out of work frazzled on Thursday and was up early on Friday morning. I watched some of the Royal Wedding while getting reading to head out and meet a couple of girls with whom I went to school. We went to Amore in the Merchant City and I was very, very good and then, almost immediately after, I was very, very bad. I had sea bass with a green salad. I finished lunch with two Margaritas.

Lunch was great and the conversation sparkling. When I say sparkling, it had a grim hue as we did the run through of ‘Where are they now?’ about people, we knew from school. I headed off about 3.30pm, rather inebriated; it has to be said, towards the shops with credit card in hand. Are you sensing that this does not end well? Well, you would be right.

I became a magician, a drunk magician. I made a small fortune disappear in Cos, Hobbs and Space N.K. Just like that.

I had a top up of a little glass of champagne in Rogano and headed home. Lord and Lady were out for the night and I ordered in an Indian meal and, by the time it arrived, I had a bottle of wine opened that did not have Sancerre on it. It had MY name on it.

I watched a couple of movies and then got a most upsetting call. My best friend’s dad died rather suddenly. I am simply heartbroken for her. I tootled off to bed, rather drunk and a bit teary.

I got up early on Saturday morning and headed into town to be shorn. I have been trying to grow my hair for the wedding and I cannot take one more minute of it. I have had very short hair for years, it has reached that in-between stage now, and it is hideous. I opted for ‘as short as you can make it’ and the hairdresser did not disappoint. In fact, he was rather too enthusiastic and I now look like a boy with breasts. It is not the best haircut I have ever had but the difference between a good haircut and a bad haircut is a week.




I shopped some more on Saturday but was rather more restrained than Friday. I headed back home and went to see my friend’s mum. The whole family were round and people were dropping in, one after another. Cakes were passed round and I don’t know what happened but two pieces of rocky road and a piece of malteser cake happened to find their way into my mouth.
Dinner was pie and beans. This theme of gorging continued well into Sunday where I ended the evening on a high with fish and chips and ice cream. I did no exercise at all. I pottered about in the garden and planted up a few planters with plants I got in the afternoon. They did look positively lovely.

I have started the 5 day detox today. I have very successfully retoxed so I am ready. I am not even going to detail what I ate over the weekend because it’s actually disgraceful. Short version: A load of shite and no exercise.

It’s GLEE tonight. I will be up until all hours trying to get this, now very late, document handed in tomorrow.

Kikicee

No comments:

Post a Comment