Search This Blog

Friday, January 28, 2011

Day Four: Making cakes or eating by osmosis

Dear David,

Afternoon went well and was very good. Bus home at 6pm and back for 7pm. I had prawns with ginger paste and spinach for dinner. I was going to have a shake but it was Friday and I felt like a few hours in front of tv and it feels a little more convivial when one has a meal.

My uncle is 70 tomorrow and have been tasked with whipping up some goodies. Hells bells! Cooking sweet things is fine but the temptation to eat while you are doing it is very, very strong. I desisted.




Recipe - Easy Danish Pastries

1 pack of jus-roll puff pastry
1 200g bag of raisins
1 jar of apricot jam
50g of pecan nuts
Icing sugar to decorate

Preheat oven to 200 degrees

Unroll the jus-roll and leave on the blue packaging. Brush or spoon on apricot jam, throw on raisins and crushed pecans wilfully and artfully. Use the blue packaging to roll the pastry into a sausage and then cut into 10 slices. Use very sharp knife and don't press down, saw back and forth instead.

Stick in oven for 15 mins. Take out and let cool. Mix up some icing sugar and water. Use back of spoon to drizzle icing sugar onto the pastries.

Make them, I dare you! I'm sweating blood trying not to eat one. They could taste like crap as I can't even do some quality assurance. Roped in nature boy and they got the thumbs up.

Time for bed!

Kikicee

No comments:

Post a Comment