Search This Blog

Friday, January 28, 2011

Day Three and start of Day Four

Dear David,

How are you today? Cold but sunny here this afternoon. The chicken smell has not kicked off yet but it’s just the kind of day when we get the chicken smell. The place I work is near a chicken factory and every now and again, the ‘foul’ smell of rotting chicken carcases floats over to give us all the heebie jeebies.

Yesterday, I had vanilla protein shake + lemon vitamin superjuice in the morning and almonds for mid-morning snack with thermobubbles. I had stuffed red peppers (see yesterday for recipe) and broccoli for lunch and almonds again for late-afternoon snack.

I met Asthmatic Sub-Aqua Man and Madame Mudgeon for dinner last night in Stravaigan in Glasgow. One of my favourite places for food and I was not looking forward to not having the legendary fish and chips. I also knew it would be the easiest thing in the world to just have one pinot grigio (large of course) that turned into five but I was determined to stick to plan. I had a master plan.

I looked up the menu whilst at work and worked out what I could have before I went to the restaurant. I obviously had to ‘Meg Ryan’ it when I got there, like a scene from When Harry Met Sally.

Sally Albright: But I'd like the pie heated and I don't want the ice cream on top, I want it on the side, and I'd like strawberry instead of vanilla if you have it, if not then no ice cream just whipped cream but only if it's real; if it's out of the can then nothing.

Waitress: Not even the pie?

Sally Albright: No, I want the pie, but then not heated

Obviously, none of my ordering involved pies, strawberries, ice cream or whipped cream. It went something like this…

Me: I’d like the hake ‘en papillotte’ with fennel, baby onions, shellfish, tomato & saffron broth but I don’t want any oil anywhere near it, I would like the tomato and saffron broth but only if it has not been made with oil and sugar.

Waitress: OK,I’ll check with the chef (but thinking ‘you are a pure fussy freak’)

Me: If it has and you can’t do the dish without it, can you steam any fish and give me a side of greens? (but thinking ‘they are going to spit in my food, I just know it)

However, dish arrived seemingly spit free and was lovely. I knocked back the large glass of pinot that Madame bought for me, despite my protestations and despite having said that I was drinking mineral water and nothing else. I really would have loved it though! She knows me too well!

The evening proved less of a challenge that I thought, as I had prepared in advance and had been resolute about not apologising or being apologetic about being a fussy orderer. At the end of day, it’s my money, my experience and if I want the fish spun round the room 3 times and blessed, the customer is always right!

I came home rather early. It’s amazing how little tolerance one has for the inebriated when one is stone cold sober. Makes one feel terribly antisocial though.

Today has started well. I had the vanilla protein shake with the lemon super juice today after having found a recipe list from you, David, on how to mix it up, ‘scuse the pun, with the shakes.

It makes a big difference to have some variety with the shakes as it makes it more interesting. It means I am not looking at the shake in the morning with tears in my eyes and a knot in my throat. Some of the great mixes I have found are as follows;

Super Charged Greens Shake
1 packet of Super Charged Greens
1 packet of Vanilla Protein Plus

Lemon Truffle Shake
1 packet of Lemon Vitamin Mineral Powder
1 packet of Chocolate Protein Plus

Orange Truffle Shake
1 packet of Vanilla Protein Plus
1 packet of Orange Vitamin Mineral Powder

Power Berry Shake
1 packet of Raspberry Vitamin Mineral Powder
1 packet of Vanilla Protein Plus

Lemon Drop Cookie Shake
1 packet of Lemon Vitamin Mineral Powder
1 packet of Vanilla Protein Plus

Cappuccino (my own humble invention)
1/2 packet of Vanilla Protein Plus
½ packet of Mocha Protein Plus

Other recipes for Ultimate Plan and Maintenance Plan can be found here

Back to the ennui for now...


Kikicee

No comments:

Post a Comment