Search This Blog

Monday, January 24, 2011

Day One

Dear David,

What a day! Up at 6am and downed a protein shake. On the subject of the protein shakes, they are not as bad as drinking your own vomit backwards but they are not the most appetising substance in the world. I did follow your recommendation to blend in blender, with vitamin super juice and some ice and it was much improved. The first time I glugged one down on the detox diet I just shook it up. This was a mistake. You know when you make a cake and there is gloop left in the bowl? It was like a glass of that, minus the sugar, plus some sawdust for good measure. However, today's was good and filled me up. Ran down for the bus at 6.45 and headed into work.

Now the theory is to eat 5 times a day. This proves a little difficult but not impossible. A lot of the recipes provided are based around egg white omelettes. Maybe this is something readily available in the American version of the greasy spoon but this is definitely not the case in Scotland. The deep fried mars bar, the deep fried pizza - yes, the egg white omelette - no. I am lucky though at work as the canteen is wonderful. I had almonds for mid morning snack. I had grilled chicken and rocket for lunch and a small portion of salmon and rocket for afternoon snack.

Work was the usual; a few meetings and a few papers fired out and it was home time before I knew it. Sped off to bus for 6 and was home at 7. I had prepared some chicken and spinach last night to heat and eat when I got home. I made the red pepper and almond pesto from your Ultimate New York Plan on pg 222. I followed Helen's advice and I prepared as many pantry items as I could in advance.

I came up with some of my own recipes too. You just pack them all into a mini blender and buzz them up. Last night's inventions were as follows;

1. Ginger, Lemon, Nut and Chilli Pesto

1 cup of Spinach
1/4 cup of almonds
1/4 cup of parsley
Juice of half a lemon
1 large garlic clove
Birds eye chilli
2 teaspoons of ginger
1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil

2. Ginger, Mint and Lemon

1 cup of Spinach
1/4 cup of almonds
1/4 cup of mint
Juice of half a lemon
1 large garlic clove
2 teaspoons of ginger
1/2 teaspoon of olive oil

I coated the chicken, about 4oz, with the red pepper and almond pesto and wilted some spinach. I drank lots of water and I took all my supplements like a good little girl! I had thermobubbles in the morning, vitamin superjuice too and also in the afternoon and ended the evening with the calming bubbles. More on the supplements tomorrow.

How am I feeling? Well, post detox my skin in glowing, positively glowing. I am full of beans and I feel really positive about it all. I am going to limit my weigh ins to once a week as I have read that weight can fluctuate significantly from day to day and it's probably best to give it a week to see some real and encouraging results.

Don't feel hungry just now. I am going to paint my nails and distract myself from the kitchen because, in your own words David, the kitchen is closed at 7pm! Although I give my self an extra half hour if the commute home gets screwed up with traffic. It's going to be time for camp fest soon. Some people call is GLEE! It's hotly followed by Gary Tank Commander which is proving to be another favourite. I should perhaps do some exercise but I'm cooked and I fully intend chilling and going to bed nice and early in preparation for hellish commute tomorrow.

Over and out,

kikicee


No comments:

Post a Comment