Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day Two: part two - bloody Robert Burns

Dear David,

Morning progressed well. I had thermobubbles, lots of water and mid-morning snack prepared last night. So far so good...

First challenge presented itself at lunch. Today Scots around the world celebrate the anniversary of the 18th century poet, Robert Burns. The traditional meal consumed is that of haggis, neeps and tatties.

Outside the canteen, they display the food they are serving as a little amuse bouche. Oh lord, I could murder a plate of it, I really could.

I desist, walk past it and march to salad counter to fill my boots with some Scottish salmon instead. I am most proud of myself! In the words of the Bard himself 'some cannae eat that want it'.






Roll on home time.

Kikicee


Location:Work

No comments:

Post a Comment