Search This Blog

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day Seventy Nine: 37 percent

Dear David,

Today was much, much better than yesterday. I laid out scones and the happiness started. I worked hard this morning and got lots done. I had a meeting in the afternoon and then I had another workshop before finishing up for the night. Chatted to my boss about the disasterous meeting and he told me that today was Optimistic Thursday! So I came up with a few strategies to push and pull people, gently, through the decision-making process. I told him he was fantastic and he told me I was fantastic. Put down the phone and felt a warm glow. Love my boss, really do. He is the ying to my yang, or rather the ice to my fire.

I have been feeling frustrated of late with the lack of weight loss. I know I am gaining muscle, I know I am losing inches but I can't help expecting to see some results on the scales. I was speaking to TG today, an agent I have dealt with in the past, and a bastion of health and fitness. He told me that I should get my body fat measured at the gym and that I would see results there.

However, I found a way to measure fat that does not require the kit that they use in the gym. The page I found is here.

"While most people associate measuring body fat with skin calipers, there's another method that involves taking a few measurements and using a formula to determine the percentage of body fat. This method, used by the US Navy, is as accurate (and possibly more accurate) than the skinfold test. Plus, it's more convenient. So here's how to use what the Navy calls the "rope and choke" technique to measure your body fat percentage." The calculator that this site links to does not work so I used this one here.

So here's goes nothing...



The result is 37.22%. I am in a healthy range (by the skin of my ass) - wonders never cease! I found a super article on it and the other things the one can measure to have a more complete view of your make up and where you need to be. I am going to ask about all of these at the gym at work and see what I can get done there. I need to keep motivated!

Kikicee


Thursday

Food: protein shake (Vanilla), egg white omelette mid-morning, protein shake (Vanilla) for lunch, wee can of tuna and 2 tablespoons of sugar free peanut butter for late-afternoon snack, Turkey and broccoli for dinner

Supplements: Thermobubbles, Vitamin Superjuice (Raspberry), Flush and Cleanse, Hoodia

Exercise: RUNNING - 40 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment