Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day Seventy Seven: Running....out of time, it would seem

Dear David,

Busy and sunny day. Had meeting at 8.30 am and it continued in the same vein. I did get some respite as the people who should have attended the afternoon workshop could not make it and it was cancelled by default. Joy! I got some time to catch up on work and chat to my pod buddies.

It was somewhat a double edged sword. One, who we shall call 'Dear Deidre', has decided that he is going to add remedying my 'dateless' status to his work objectives. He tried to persuade me to make overtures to crush one today but I explained how engrained my social retardation is - I recounted one of my sorry tales. There was a chap I liked at the last place that I worked in and he messaged me one day and said 'I am thirsty'. I replied 'You should drink something'. He said 'I would like to..'. I replied 'Would you like a side of bitchy company with that?'

So the plan was made to go for a drink after work. I got so anxious about it that when 5.30pm came, I stood up and invited our whole team to the pub. EPIC, EPIC, EPIC FAIL. Dear Deirdre almost removed the item from his list of objectives on hearing this story as he now feels that he did not appreciate how difficult this objective would be to meet!

Apart from my general social retardation, it was a great day and I went for a much needed run. It was great today and I have definitely found a pace that I am comfortable with by taking out the pulse monitor and keeping my heart rate to 155. Really made a difference today but definitely still feeling the drag of my gargantuan arse.

On the subject of the gargantuan arse, I actually felt a muscle twinge in it today post run. It was a beautiful moment until I realised that I had a stitch in both my side and my arse. I wish the dog had bit it off at the farm!

Off to start the ebaying of all my clothes that don't fit me.

Kikicee


Tuesday

Food: protein shake (Vanilla), egg white omelette mid-morning, protein shake (Vanilla) for lunch, wee can of tuna and 2 tablespoons of sugar free peanut butter for late-afternoon snack, protein shake (Vanilla)

Supplements: Thermobubbles, Vitamin Superjuice (Raspberry), Flush and Cleanse, Hoodia

Exercise: Running - 40 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment