Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day Seventy: Scones

Dear David,

Dreadfully busy but dreadfully lovely day today. I had a lovely group of people in my workshops and there was a great atmosphere. We got through a lot of stuff and it was a successful day. I am tired, very tired but promised to make scones so I have just whipped up the most wonderful scones. It is a gift from God that I love to make them, am good at making them but absolutely hate to eat them!

The recipe has taken me about 3 years to perfect and it is with great trepidation that I share it with you here now. Totally full of stuff one should not be eating!

I got presents for babies today and felt most clucky. My friend has just had a baby in Ireland and I am going to a christening in May. There was a beautiful stall in work today and I got the most lovely things. Must send tomorrow to Ireland.

I have done no exercise today, apart from talking like a train. I have blocked out time in my diary tomorrow for a run and I am actually looking forward to it. Freaky.




Scones

Ingredients

550g self-raising flour
Pinch of baking powder
Pinch of salt
50g - 70g caster sugar
110g unsalted butter, diced
1 egg lightly beaten
50ml double cream
100-200ml milk
1 egg beaten with 1 tbsp water to glaze

Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl and stir in the sugar. Using your fingertips, lightly work in the butter until the mixture resembles dry breadcrumbs. Add the egg, cream and enough milk to moisten. Mix well until it has a soft, doughy texture - but it shouldn't be too moist.
. Gather the dough into a ball and turn it out on to a floured surface, then roll lightly with a rolling pin to 2.5cm/1 inch thick. Cut out with a round cutter, transfer to a greased baking sheet and brush the tops with the egg glaze. Bake in an oven preheated to 180C/350F/gas mark 4 for 15- 20 minutes or until well browned.

Kikicee

Tuesday

Food: protein shake (Vanilla), egg white omelette mid-morning, protein shake (Vanilla) for lunch, almonds for late-afternoon snack, protein shake (Vanilla)

Supplements: Thermobubbles, Vitamin Superjuice (Raspberry), Flush and Cleanse, Hoodia

Exercise: Bugger all

No comments:

Post a Comment