Search This Blog

Monday, February 14, 2011

Day Twenty One: Stress Central

Dear David,

Had big decisions to make today which totally stresses me out. This is usually a trigger for grubbing it big style. I think I have a very emotional relationship with food and being the most anxious person on the planet does not help the urge to binge. You talk of sound body, sound mind but I think the sound mind is a precursor to weight loss. A big part of this journey starting was working through my terrible anxiety issues. Christ, I sound like I should be prostrate on a couch, lying next to a man in a white coat! But we all have our hang ups, our problems, our vices.....

It's useless to work on getting the best body I can and neglect my mind, which matters more to me, if truth be told. Today thoughts turn to love and I know that you love a mind for longer than you can ever love a body. Christopher Reeve said it perfectly, 'I am not my body'.

And I am not my body. However, when my body is a manifestation of my mind, or rather manifests what might be wrong with it then I need to heal my heart and my mind. The changes to my body are the pleasant bi-product.

I found the most wonderful app for anxiety, a self-hypnosis session that allows you to heal panic and anxiety. By meditating, using cognitive behavioural therapy, I have started a recovery that hopefully will culminate in contentment and a body that properly represents who I am - my energy, my vitality. Wouldn't mind looking great at the wedding either!







Food: protein shake (Mocha), almonds mid morning, salmon, fennel and red peppers, almonds for late-afternoon snack, protein shake (Vanilla) for dinner

Supplements: Thermobubbles, Vitamin Superjuice (Lemon), Flush and Cleanse, Hoodia

Exercise: epic fail.....


Kikicee

No comments:

Post a Comment