Search This Blog

Monday, February 21, 2011

Day Twenty Eight: Ennui...

Dear David,

What an epically boring day! Work is really, really slow right now and today was like pulling teeth. I tried to focus, invent things to do, entertain myself....

I ended up googling, doing the crossword, reading the paper and prevaricating. I talked at my poor colleagues, rambled, my mind addled with the complete, all-consuming ennui. I spent 300 quid in John Lewis and planned two lives abroad in two different countries. There is nothing I don't know about world affairs! Arrrgggghhhhhhhh......

I was reading the exercise plan tonight and looking at the 'office workout'. Darling David, you are wonderful but what kind of mental office do you think exists where I can lay prostrate on a ball without causing a stir? No, no, no.

Maybe it's ok in America. In Scotland, I'd be institutionalised!

Off to watch Glee!!!

Food: protein shake (Mocha), almonds mid morning, gravaldax and salad, cray fish and red peppers for late-afternoon snack, protein shake (Vanilla)

Supplements: Thermobubbles, Vitamin Superjuice (Lemon), Flush and Cleanse, Hoodia

Exercise: less than nothing


Kikicee

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha i liked the comment about the office being institutionalised... imagine me doing lounges at work, great stuff. Keep it up. have you managed to shed most of your weight 28 days down the line?

    ReplyDelete
  2. At 28 days, I had lost 20 pounds and now have lost 22. I have 59 to go...

    ReplyDelete